Welcome to Miss K's Blog!!!

Welcome to my blog! I hope that you enjoy checking out all of the information, links, videos, notes and STUFF that I put on here. Please visit this page frequently and PARTICIPATE in the blog by leaving a comment! Thanks! -Miss K :)

Reminder: Comments should be appropriate, kind, thoughtful and grammatically correct. I will DELETE comments that I think are inappropriate!

If you need to talk to me, please contact me via my school e-mail. Thank you.

Please note that all elements of this page are intended for educational purposes. All items included on this page are intended to be used within Fair Use guidelines. Please contact me if you have any concerns regarding any material included on this site. Thanks

Monday, May 11, 2015

Volume Basics

Today we began going over Volume of some basic shapes, box shapes and rectangular and triangular prisms.

We started by looking at some figures made of boxes to determine volume.  Some examples are below.  All of these figures have 27 cubed units in them.


In class we completed these problems.  If you missed class because of theater, please complete these on your own this evening.




The best way to think about volume of prisms is finding the are of the front and then multiplying it by how far back it goes, basically thinking about it in layers.  Here are some notes from class:










Homework is to complete both worksheets, shown below.  Please use a calculator if you would like and be sure to show your work.






Video to help with area:


-Miss K  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment