Welcome to Miss K's Blog!!!

Welcome to my blog! I hope that you enjoy checking out all of the information, links, videos, notes and STUFF that I put on here. Please visit this page frequently and PARTICIPATE in the blog by leaving a comment! Thanks! -Miss K :)

Reminder: Comments should be appropriate, kind, thoughtful and grammatically correct. I will DELETE comments that I think are inappropriate!

If you need to talk to me, please contact me via my school e-mail. Thank you.

Please note that all elements of this page are intended for educational purposes. All items included on this page are intended to be used within Fair Use guidelines. Please contact me if you have any concerns regarding any material included on this site. Thanks

Monday, January 5, 2015

Exploring the artwork of Piet Mondrian!



Today we explored the artwork of Piet Mondrian and made our own artwork relating to his style.  We will connect our art to our study of fractions!  Here are the videos from class today as well as some examples of Mondrian's work:










We created our own Mondrian style artwork during class today, focusing on bold dark lines and boxes colored in in primary colors.  If you were out today, you will need to pick up a template from me, or print out the image below (enlarge to fit paper, but keep the dimensional relationship- don't stretch it out) and use black, red, blue and yellow to color it in.  You must fill the squares in fully, no half squares or diagonals, to ensure that you will be able to complete the math activity.  There is a completed example below.



Thanks for such a fun and creative day!  I'm excited to do more tomorrow!

-Miss K  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment