Welcome to Miss K's Blog!!!

Welcome to my blog! I hope that you enjoy checking out all of the information, links, videos, notes and STUFF that I put on here. Please visit this page frequently and PARTICIPATE in the blog by leaving a comment! Thanks! -Miss K :)

Reminder: Comments should be appropriate, kind, thoughtful and grammatically correct. I will DELETE comments that I think are inappropriate!

If you need to talk to me, please contact me via my school e-mail. Thank you.

Please note that all elements of this page are intended for educational purposes. All items included on this page are intended to be used within Fair Use guidelines. Please contact me if you have any concerns regarding any material included on this site. Thanks

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Funky Functions!

Today we began talking about functions and using them to solve various problems.  Before we tried to get answers though, we defined independent and dependent variables.  Take a look at the notes and examples from class (shown below) to help you!







Tonight's homework is to complete the function packet.  I'm posting the answers to help you review if you are confused about any of the problems.  Think about which variable depends on the other.  That dependent  variable is what we are trying to solve.  The independent variable is the one that is usually given to you, the one that you plug into the problem to help you solve the dependent variable.










Want to practice some more?  Try these games: Function Machine 1 and Function Machine 2!

Thanks for your hard work!  See you tomorrow when we start talking about combining like terms!!!

-Miss K  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment