Welcome to Miss K's Blog!!!

Welcome to my blog! I hope that you enjoy checking out all of the information, links, videos, notes and STUFF that I put on here. Please visit this page frequently and PARTICIPATE in the blog by leaving a comment! Thanks! -Miss K :)

Reminder: Comments should be appropriate, kind, thoughtful and grammatically correct. I will DELETE comments that I think are inappropriate!

If you need to talk to me, please contact me via my school e-mail. Thank you.

Please note that all elements of this page are intended for educational purposes. All items included on this page are intended to be used within Fair Use guidelines. Please contact me if you have any concerns regarding any material included on this site. Thanks

Friday, September 14, 2012

Starting to Review for our Quiz on Thursday

Today we began to review for our quiz on Thursday.

After correcting last night's probability homework, we used the people in our class to determine probability:
Then we had a competition to see who could determine the probability of picking certain items from our junk boxes.  You needed to simplify the fractions in order to get the answers correct!  Congratulations to the winners!

We practiced using our divisibility rules in a Venn diagram and circling which numbers worked:


We sorted prime and composite numbers:


We didn't review percentages in class today, but that will also be on the quiz.  You will spend some more time practicing that on Tuesday!

I will not be in school on Tuesday because I will be celebrating the Second day of Rosh Hashanah.  If you are celebrating too, I wish you a sweet New Year.  The substitute on Tuesday will have review sheets to help you prepare for the quiz, and you can work on the study guide as well.

The Study Guide is due on Wednesday.  The quiz is on Thursday.

-Miss K  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment