Welcome to Miss K's Blog!!!

Welcome to my blog! I hope that you enjoy checking out all of the information, links, videos, notes and STUFF that I put on here. Please visit this page frequently and PARTICIPATE in the blog by leaving a comment! Thanks! -Miss K :)

Reminder: Comments should be appropriate, kind, thoughtful and grammatically correct. I will DELETE comments that I think are inappropriate!

If you need to talk to me, please contact me via my school e-mail. Thank you.

Please note that all elements of this page are intended for educational purposes. All items included on this page are intended to be used within Fair Use guidelines. Please contact me if you have any concerns regarding any material included on this site. Thanks

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Patterns

Happy Thursday to my wonderful new students!  So we started learning about patterns today...  I am sure that you have seen patterns in school and in real life many, many times before, but we get to explore patterns again!

We have seen numerical patterns:

like this simple one:  2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12.....

and this much more difficult one:  5, 9, 17, 33, 65.....  (By the way, if you think you know the pattern, leave the "rule" in the comment section!)

We have also seen visual patterns:

- = + = - = + =

Designs also have patterns:

  

As you know, your homework tonight is to go on a pattern hunt!

1)  Find a pattern and bring it in.  This should be something that you can give to me, so your backpack or the bottom of your shoes does not count.  I will return the item if you would like it back.  If you have a photo or image that you want to use, you can email it to me at kahrimanisn@madison.k12.ct.us and I will print it out.  Just remember that I will only be able to print in black and white.

Here is the example video from class today:



2)  Wear a pattern (or patterns) to school tomorrow.  You can be as simple or as crazy as you would like, but make sure you have at least one pattern on.  Here is an example from last year!


I can't wait to see your patterns tomorrow!  Have a good night!

-Miss K  :)



3 comments:

  1. Hi miss K its Emily i'm just in the middle of working on my pattern. See you tomorrow in homeroom and class!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pattern was great! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fake moncler jackets, combining elegant style and cutting-edge technology, a variety of styles of fake moncler parka coats men, the pointer walks between your exclusive taste style.

    ReplyDelete