Welcome to Miss K's Blog!!!

Welcome to my blog! I hope that you enjoy checking out all of the information, links, videos, notes and STUFF that I put on here. Please visit this page frequently and PARTICIPATE in the blog by leaving a comment! Thanks! -Miss K :)

Reminder: Comments should be appropriate, kind, thoughtful and grammatically correct. I will DELETE comments that I think are inappropriate!

If you need to talk to me, please contact me via my school e-mail. Thank you.

Please note that all elements of this page are intended for educational purposes. All items included on this page are intended to be used within Fair Use guidelines. Please contact me if you have any concerns regarding any material included on this site. Thanks

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Divisibility Rules

What a busy day, between the talent show and Mix-it-up day, it was pretty crazy!  Congrats to those of you that performed in the talent show.  What I saw was spectacular and I heard that the parts I missed were wonderful too!  If you made a new friend today at mix-it-up lunch, good for you.  If you kinda cheated the system and just sat with the same friends you sit with each day, you really missed out on an opportunity.  Hopefully you will choose to participate in the future...

Now onto class...  So instead of the pre-test that I had initially planned on giving you today, I decided to move onto the divisibility rules.  Here are the rules just in case you need a reminder.

Divisibility Rules




A number is divisible by 2 if it is even, ends in 2, 4, 6, 8 or 0

A number is divisible by 3 if the sum of its digits can be divided by 3

A number is divisible by 5 if the value ends with 5 or 0

A number is divisible by 6 if it is divisible by both 2 and 3

A number is divisible by 9 if the sum of its digits can be divided by 9

A number is divisible by 10 if the value ends with 0


Here are some links that I found to help you with the concepts.  I will continue to search for more, but these are the best so far!

Game #1  (more numbers than we use, but try the others too!  The game tells you the rule for each one!)

Practice #1  (Select #'s 2, 3, 5, 6, 9 & 10)

Remember that tonight's homework is to complete the Divisibility worksheet (BOTH SIDES).  Good Luck!

-Miss K  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment