Welcome to Miss K's Blog!!!

Welcome to my blog! I hope that you enjoy checking out all of the information, links, videos, notes and STUFF that I put on here. Please visit this page frequently and PARTICIPATE in the blog by leaving a comment! Thanks! -Miss K :)

Reminder: Comments should be appropriate, kind, thoughtful and grammatically correct. I will DELETE comments that I think are inappropriate!

If you need to talk to me, please contact me via my school e-mail. Thank you.

Please note that all elements of this page are intended for educational purposes. All items included on this page are intended to be used within Fair Use guidelines. Please contact me if you have any concerns regarding any material included on this site. Thanks

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Carl Sagan Day!

I just saw that today is Carl Sagan day!  Check out the official Carl Sagan Day Page!  I remember doing a book report project on him when I was in 6th grade at Brown school.  My father helped me with the project because he was a big admirer of Sagan, and ever since, Carl Sagan has reminded me of my father.


Sagan was an astronomer and somewhat of a philosopher.  He is probably most known for his PBS series and book, COSMOS.  Take a look at the video below, "Pale Blue Dot."



I know that you might be tempted to not watch, to ignore or to only watch a little bit of that video, but, I suggest that you take the three minutes and thirty-one seconds to watch the whole video and then take a little bit more time to think about what he said:

“Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader", every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there-on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam"


The video below has an element of math in it, check it out!


(somehow I think I can say with some certainty that he would have LOVED to play with a SmartBoard!  That, and my mind is blown!)

He was good with numbers too...


Can you imagine why "Google" decided to name their search engine the way that they did?

Have a wonderful day everyone!  Do your best to make a positive impact on the pale blue dot upon which you live!  See you Monday!

-Miss K  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment