Welcome to Miss K's Blog!!!

Welcome to my blog! I hope that you enjoy checking out all of the information, links, videos, notes and STUFF that I put on here. Please visit this page frequently and PARTICIPATE in the blog by leaving a comment! Thanks! -Miss K :)

Reminder: Comments should be appropriate, kind, thoughtful and grammatically correct. I will DELETE comments that I think are inappropriate!

If you need to talk to me, please contact me via my school e-mail. Thank you.

Please note that all elements of this page are intended for educational purposes. All items included on this page are intended to be used within Fair Use guidelines. Please contact me if you have any concerns regarding any material included on this site. Thanks

Monday, October 25, 2010

Multiplying Decimals

Hello again everyone!


A few things...

1. Tonight's homework is to complete the "Multiplication with Decimals" worksheet included in your packet. There are six questions on one side and four on the other. You may use a multiplication chart/table to help you, but no calculators!!!


 
2. I will be out tomorrow for SmartBoard training. I will try to post on the blog during the day! I sure hope that I learn some cool stuff for the SmartBoard! :)

3. Since I will be out tomorrow, I obviously won't be able to return your quizzes. You should expect to get them back (at least the scores) on Wednesday. Sorry about the delay.

4. You will have a sub tomorrow as I will be out for the day. I expect that your behavior will be as good, if not better than when I am here. Please act appropriately and be on your best behavior. PLEASE!

Here is an instructional video on multiplying decimals. Just a note, there is a small error in the first problem. When he started adding the numbers, he accidentally said that 2 + 0 + 3 = 6 not 5. Just a silly mistake that even math teachers make... The rest of his math is great though!



Just one example, but it should help:



I haven't found any fun songs for multiplying decimals, but if I do, I will post them. If you find one, please leave the link in the comments section and I will post it!
Good luck on the homework!

-Miss K :)

No comments:

Post a Comment